October Newsletter - Topsfield Fair and More

 


Hi everyone,

And a happy Fall to you! I hope you each had a fun, interesting, and joyful summer! Which most likely went by too quickly. I know mine did. But it was very nice, with some musical happenings, a couple of trips to Vermont, and some good time spent with friends and family.
 
I've got some fun stuff coming up this fall, starting with two shows at the Topsfield Fair this week. As most of you know, I love the fair and all the comes with it, so playing music there for the folks attending is just icing on the cake. Info is below.
 
I am also excited that the Uptopia Coffeehouse at the Methuen Memorial Music Hall has invited Grace Morrison, Susan Levine and me back for another concert on November 22. It's been a couple of years since we've played there. Tickets are on sale now, and I hope many of you will join. Susan and Grace are wonderful songwriters, and this is a always a fun show. Info on that show as well as some other things coming up are on my website.

I also had the pleasure of opening up another show for Jimmy Tingle (this was a private show, which is why I didn't do any publicity for it). But as usual it was hopeful and inspiring, and I say more about it in my "Good Stuff" section below.

Finally, another project that has kept me busy this summer has been helping my husband Tim Foley ready his latest album Street Dog for release. It will be delivered to all streaming platforms and radio on November 20, and I can't wait for everyone to hear it. It is excellent - I'm sure it will be the subject of a future "Good Stuff" section. :) 

Be well and hope to see you out there! 

:)  Kirsten

Upcoming Shows

Monday, October 5
Kirsten & Dave 
2:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Topsfield Fair
Picnic Area
207 Boston Street
Topsfield, MA

Thursday, October 8
Kirsten & Dave 
10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Topsfield Fair
Trianon Stage
207 Boston Street
Topsfield, MA

Dave and I are playing two days at the fair this year, which is great - although I am going to do my best to not eat two days worth of fair food, no matter how yummy it is. Come join us for some music while you also enjoy one of the oldest agricultural fairs in the U.S.!
 
 
For shows further in the future, please visit my website!
 

Creative Musings


I finished a song! And then another one! And I'm very close to done on a third. Those of you that have been following along with these "Creative Musings" sections of my newsletter know I have been struggling with my writing for awhile.
 
But I finally seem to have made it over the hump, and it feels really good. So I am just going to take this moment to celebrate. I think it's important to take time to acknowledge the hard work that you did to accomplish a goal. 
 
I have played the new songs out at a few open mikes, and hope to be able to share them in this newsletter soon, as I become more comfortable playing and singing them. And if course I hope to keep writing! Thanks to all of you for wanting to listen! 

Good Stuff


Last month's show with Jimmy Tingle was either the fourth or fifth Tim and I have done with him; I'm not quite sure of the exact number. And during sound check he said to us "Once you're done with your set, feel free to head home. I know you've seen this show multiple times now."
 
But the thing is, we love his show. It's always fresh - no two are exactly the same - and it always leaves us feeling good and hopeful about the world, and of course it leaves us laughing.
 
Jimmy's shows are about Hope and Humor for Humanity, told through the lens of his interesting and varied life, but also his life of service. His mission is to do good with his humor and comedy, and it is inspiring to see him live out that mission. If you are able to catch a show of his, I highly recommend you do. Or if you are part of an organization or event that could benefit from his help as a performer or MC, definitely reach out to him!
 
We are always grateful and honored when we are included in a Hope and Humor for Humanity event! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June Newsletter - Three Upcoming Shows

April Newsletter - High Street Coffee House

October Newsletter - Walnut Street Cafe feature